Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Geometry

I discovered this while doodling deliriously late at night. I was trying to come up with a system that used shapes instead of numbers. Let's go through the steps together.

What would a no sided polygon be? A dot is the closest thing that we can come to.

Now what shape has only one side? A circle, of course.

Next comes two sides. This would necessarily be two points with lines between them in a curve. This could be a football shape, or a crescent moon. We will go with the football shape, as it is symmetrical.

Next, a three sided polygon - a triangle, of course.

If you don't see where I'm going with this yet, hang on. What if we draw these together one at a time?
the point:

within a circle,

bordered by two lines (although turned from their usual position)

placed in a triangle,

thus creating the eye of God through Geometry.

2 comments:

Bowie said...

"think up bizarre theories that no one else should believe". Most people say that but what captured me was "that no else should believe". How apt. Now one of my theories, if proven right, is predictive geometry. Search the web. All you get is stuff about mesh compression. Yeah that is useful but mine is more exotic. My basic premise is: can you use geomtery to predict random events? If this grows into something big you know i planted it here.

One of many of One said...

I noticed the same thing when playing with 1, 2, and 3-sided shapes. I went on a Google search to see if anyone else had pointed it out and I found this blog post. Illuminati confirmed! (just kidding lol)

As to the comment left by Bowie, I'd wager a guess and say yes, seemingly random events could be predicted geometrically - there is no such thing as randomness, only things which are difficult to accurately and/or precisely measure.